View Single Post
Old 07-06-2003, 11:11 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][quoteost_uid0]He's just jealous because Fahrenheit is actually more precise, per digit, than Celsius.[/quoteost_uid0]

But Celcius is based on something that can be easily checked, rather than the body temperature of a guy who's been dead for over a century or weather conditions that no longer exist thanks to global warming (or possibly just a natural change in climate patterns).[/quoteost_uid0]
There's a one-to-one function that accurately relates temperature in F to temperature in C, so one temperature scale is just as stable (or unstable) as the other.

Back to the original topic: I would pay good money (assuming I had money) to see this scene from "The Trouble With Tribbles" portrayed well on a T-shirt (not because it's so hilarious, but because I think it would translate well to a picture):
[quoteost_uid0]Kirk: You must've gotten a bootleg script with some tentative title! Ha! That's how you saw this episode so early....
Spock: Not so...now if you need me, I'll be in my quarters deleting the evidence from my hard drive.[/quoteost_uid0]

With Spock in the process of getting up from his seat, and Kirk in the background grinning fit to burst. [/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs