View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 11:04 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

I love Agatha Christie almost as much as Conan Doyle; G. K. Chesterton also wrote some terrific mysteries (his detective was Father Brown). And the Bard is definitely worthy of his fame. I cherish my copy of Shakespeare's collected works -- a one-volume, leather-bound book printed over a hundred years ago. I'm the third in my family to own it.

I'm a bit of a Polyanna sometimes, I know. But I'm glad of that. I'd rather my standards be too low than too high -- people who take everything cynically rarely find something they can just enjoy.

Speaking of which, I meant to remark on this earlier...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Valium
Not really. It's all sentiment sans emotion -
What in the world is "sentiment sans emotion"? It reminds me of the Cynic's oft-repeated term in his VOY reviews: "name-dropping masquerading as continuity." That always ticked me off. Most of the time, name-dropping is what continuity is.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction

Last edited by Zeke; 07-26-2006 at 02:48 PM.