View Single Post
Old 06-17-2003, 06:22 PM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]*Thwaps Sa'ar repeatedly with his Haddock of Thwapping*
[/quoteost_uid0]

Tease :P

[quoteost_uid0]They were certainly more successful on my side of the Atlantic than they were on yours, but then the US/Canadian music buying public seems to be singularaly unable to appreciate British music anyway [/quoteost_uid0]

I actually first heard The Scottish Twits (which is what Dad called them) in Australia in 1988 or so. Then the dropped off the charts like a rock, and when I got back to Canada they'd been obscure for a while. 500 Miles (I'm Gonna Be) got used on a movie soundtrack, and then everyone remembered them. That was a good song. I butchered it once at karaoke.

[quoteost_uid0]with the major exception of The Beatles of course who just happen to be the best band of all time).

[/quoteost_uid0]

The Beatles, the Stones, Pet Clark, Herman's Hermits, etc. I have a three-CD set of British Invasion tunes, usually recorded several years or more after their heyday and consisting of the suckier songs of the era.[/colorost_uid0]