Thread: Link Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 01:28 AM
You just activated his Trek card

So they decided to Riverdale-ize Winx Club.

I am disappointed.

This is Winx Club. Not whatever that...thing...is.

I was a fan of the first dub, along with Mew Mew Power back in the day.

I'm perpetually amazed at what the studios try to remake to cash in on prior success. They never seem to realize that the newer viewers don't care (most likely because they didn't know about the original anyway), but the older viewers DO care. And it's the older viewers who will post on their blogs and make YouTube videos talking about how much the reboot stinks.

I know the old expression "there's no such thing as bad press", but I wonder if it's still applicable in the age of Facebook and Twitter. Haters are gonna hate, and the bad press will quickly push out the good press.

So what's the point on trying to cash in on the Winx brand? I can't help but feel that it would get a fairer shake if it hadn't tried.

(Meaningless aside, but I only watched one episode of Riverdale, the first one. It was enough to tell me that it wasn't MY Archie and I wouldn't enjoy any of the later episodes either. Now I have to go cleanse my mind with some Sugar, Sugar...)

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.