Thread: request a fiver
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 03:07 AM
You just activated his Trek card

I liked NT Warrior well enough, but to me it had a few problems:

1. They jumped into the N1 Grand Prix WAY too fast. I think the network people were afraid that the first episodes were boring and that they were losing viewers. The reason for that is:
2. The new episodes came too randomly for people to keep up. For myself, once I saw that there were gaps in my knowledge from episodes that I'd missed, I got turned off. Face facts, you can miss twenty episodes of Pokemon and still be on the right page when you come back, but miss three episodes of NT Warrior and you get completely lost.
3. They started to rely on flashier and flashier tricks to keep the viewers hooked. One thing that turned me off about Digimon Season Three is when they chucked the Digimodify stuff (a twist that I particularily liked) to return to "normal" digivolution. What's wrong with filler? It helps to tell us about what all these people are like. I like minor characters, too!
4. They could never maintain a regular broadcast schedule. This is a common complaint of mine for Kids WB, they keep shuffling the shows around as if "New Time!" will draw us back. I tape the whole five-hour block and watch what I like. It doesn't matter when it's on, if I like it I like it and if I don't then I don't.

If anyone wants to five NT Warrior that's okay with me, but I won't be doing it.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.