View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 02:02 AM
You just activated his Trek card

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...Zelda-Timeline

From an interview regarding the upcoming Zelda Skyward Sword...

"The reason that Nintendo kept the timeline under wraps, Aonuma said, was so that it didn't constrain itself when it came to making new titles; saying that if he said a particular title was the first Zelda game, Nintendo would be unable to make a game before that. 'For us to add titles to the series,' he added. 'We have to have a way of putting the titles before or after each other.'"

PNQ: Erm, what? How does creating an "official timeline of all released games" mean that future games can now never exist at particular points in the timeline?

Seriously, I'm NOT FREAKING JOKING. Interquels have existed for DECADES. One of the Narnia books is set entirely within a single chapter of another. Announcing an official timeline of the Zelda universe does NOT mean that each and every major event in the history of Hyrule has now been revealed and there is no possible way to fit further events in between them.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.