View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 05:20 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

It's not like there's any shortage of those. Let's see... Fate/Stay Night, Simoun, Haruhi Suzumiya, Mai-HiME, Mai-Otome, Death Note, ROD the TV, RahXephon, Trigun, Ai Yori Aoshi, Najica Blitz Tactics, Midori no Hibi, Mezzo DSA, Pani Poni Dash!, Mahoromatic, Kannazuki no Miko, Excel Saga, MegaMan Star Force, Grenadier, and the almighty Azumanga Daioh all fall short of 50 episodes, and that's just considering shows I've seen.

A bigger problem is that these things are only half an hour long. Comics have a similar problem: one issue per fiver or several? I guess it all depends on the particular material. Modern "decompressed" comics have much less story; if I ever tackle Warren Ellis's craptacular "Extremis" story in Iron Man, for instance, that'll surely be just one fiver.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction

Last edited by Zeke; 09-09-2008 at 01:30 AM.