Thread: January 15
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 10:01 PM
The Nth Doctor

Send a message via AIM to SCMoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke
I've never actually read Brave New World. (It's on my list of Important Things to Read Sometime, like Romeo and Juliet.) I have read Fahrenheit 451, and while I enjoyed Equilibrium, I think the similarities were so overwhelming that they might as well just have called it a new film adaptation of Bradbury's book. After all, how many movies have there been that kept the original title and changed far more than this?
Honestly, I felt it owed just as much to 1984 as it did to Fahrenheit. Were people really supposed to be surprised at the Big Brotheresque reveal?

The movie did yield us something great, though. When I heard Christian Bale was going to be Batman, I knew it was the right choice. He was what kept the movie together for me.

I thought Citizen Kane was pretty good; I enjoyed the unravelling of the story of one man's life, his rise and fall. It was well done. (Welles's Macbeth on the other hand.... ugh.)