View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 12:58 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default January 8 (FLASH: "Chain Lightning" in 30 Seconds)

Welcome to 2007 at FiveMinute.net. There'll be a 2006-in-review article, but first I want to get some content out. Some really weird content.

See, a while ago I discovered the wide world of comics blogs. (This is comic books, not comic strips or webcomics, although all three interest me.) There are some seriously hilarious ones out there; among the best is Chris's Invincible Super-Blog by Chris Sims. All you need to know is that this is the guy who likened reading a particular comic arc to "trying to pull yourself out of quicksand on a rope made of punches to the face." Because that's how he rolls.

Anyway, a while back Chris posted a parody of DC Comics's maxiseries INFINITE CRISIS, done very much in FiveMinute.net's style -- except for the crayon, that is. He called it INFINITE CRISIS in 30 Seconds. It was a great success, so when the blog's second anniversary rolled around last week, he decided to celebrate with a contest. Readers were invited to come up with their own "30-seconders," and the winner would get stuff.

Naturally, I couldn't pass that up. This sort of thing is my bread and butter -- except the drawing part, but that was expected to be bad. So while I didn't quite make the deadline for the contest part of things, I did create a submission, which I submit to you as well. Here's FLASH: "Chain Lightning" in 30 Seconds. (Since we're not exactly a comics site, I've included some annotations in this update's LJ post to explain what's going on.)

Next update: stuff you've heard of!

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction