Thread: Link Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 08:48 PM
You just activated his Trek card

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...PrimeDirective

So this is the most complete version of the Prime Directive I've ever seen, but I'm not sure how authoritative it is. Here's the excerpt as written:

"As the right of each sentient species to live in accordance with its normal cultural evolution is considered sacred, no Star Fleet personnel may interfere with the healthy development of alien life and culture. Such interference includes the introduction of superior knowledge, strength, or technology to a world whose society is incapable of handling such advantages wisely. Star Fleet personnel may not violate this Prime Directive, even to save their lives and/or their ship unless they are acting to right an earlier violation or an accidental contamination of said culture. This directive takes precedence over any and all other considerations, and carries with it the highest moral obligation."

It must've been written during the Trek Dark Ages, because nobody ever writes Starfleet as two words anymore, do they?

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.