View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Great View Post
Will I ever stop wondering how a normal-sized Camaro (volume perhaps a dozen cubic yards) turns into a thirty-foot high robot with easily ten times the volume?
It doesn't. They took great pains in that film to make sure the laws of conservation of mass were obeyed. That's why Jazz is such a runt, since GM only gave them a tiny car to work with.

What you should worry about is how a 30-foot-tall robot turns into a ghetto blaster small and light enough to be picked up by a human, or how Optimus can transform into robot mode and abandon his trailer, run halfway aroound the world, transform back and then have his trailer roll up out of nowhere. That bugged me even when I was six and incredulous (just like how I wondered why the Autobots' robot modes were made out of Earth cars even before they got to Earth).

Quote:
Will I ever know why the creators thought that Optimus Prime needed a mouth? I was just fine with the faceplate moving up and down, thank you very much.
It's hard to emote from behind a faceplate.

Quote:
How come the Matrix of Leadership neutralized the Allspark without killing Optimus Prime? Old Primey sure thought it'd kill him, and if HE doesn't know, who would?
It didn't. It killed Megatron. Did they even mention the Matrix in this movie?

Quote:
Would it have killed the Autobots to refer to the Decepticons individually by name once in awhile? Cybertronian translated subtitles (used only once) really don't help me remember these guys' names.
No kidding. Although, it's not like there were any properly applied names from the cartoon, apart from Megs and Starscream.

Quote:
How come the Allspark being destroyed stranded our heroes on Earth while still allowing other Cybertronians out there to get here without EVER having it?
It didn't strand them. They can leave at any time, only there's no point is leaving 'cause Cybertron is doomed. Starscream buggered off during the closing credits.