View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 05:36 AM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Great View Post
Okay, cue the math music! Note that I'm more or less guesstimating each solid into a box shape to make calculations easier.

Camaro: 4 ft X 6 ft X 15 ft=360 ft^3
Bumblebee: 30 ft X 8 ft X 4 ft=960 ft^3

Truck: 8 ft X 10 ft X 30 ft=2400 ft^3
Optimus Prime: 50 ft X 15 ft X 6 ft=4500 ft^3

Unless these giant alien robots are mostly air, this is not conservation of volume.
Where are you getting these numbers from? I read that the producers took great care to ensure that every transformation was feasible, and that the giant robots could indeed fold up into those cars. I think your solid boxes are introducing gross errors into the calculations. Was Bumblebee really 30 ft tall and only 8 ft wide? Seems awfully unstable.

While I'm on the subject, what are these strange foreign units you call "ft"?

[/quote]Emoting without lips? That's what proper voice acting is for! Not to mention body posture, eye emoting, etc. How many seasons of Power Rangers have we had that don't have any facial expressions at all? Plus you got Iron Man, Steel, and so forth in the comics. [/quote]

Speaking as an actor...mouths and eyes are two of the most important tools an actor has to convey expression. That's why all the aliens on Star Trek look like humans peering out and speaking from behind latex.

Quote:
"If I cannot defeat Megatron, you must shove the cube into my chest! That will destroy it!" More or less. The only things in Optimus Prime's chest are his Spark and the Autobot Matrix of Leadership. I doubt that his Spark could neutralize the cube, so what's left?
In the comics, he's got the Matrix of Leadership. I don't think they even mentioned the concept in the movie (wanted to avoid confusing people with Keanu's movie). Prime was going to merge his Spark with it, destroying them both. One Spark will serve just as well as another. Megs just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Quote:
For that matter, what did kill Megatron in the end? I watched the climax twice and that's still bugging me.
The MacGuffin.