Thread: Leslie Abuse
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 01:39 AM
Outnumbered

Send a message via MSN to e of pi
Default Leslie Abuse

It may come as a shock to some that there is a little-known character in the Original Seires, one that has made appearences in 58 episodes, yet never had an official first name. However, it is the truth. And even at this molment, this person has never had lines in any fivers, despite having sat in the command chair on at least two occasions. He was one of the twenty left on the ship when Kirk put everybody else off to test the M-5. And yet, to this day, he has had no lines in a fiver.

This man is Lt. Ryan Connors Leslie, King of Redshirts.

Despite performing the ultimate sacrifice and coming close on several occasions, he continued to serve honorably, if not spectacularly, until the middle of the third season. He came back from death for the ship, and yet he has recieved no lines? Is this fair? Is this right?

For this reason, I feel that Lt. Leslie should recieve, at the least, lines in 1 (one) TOS fiver, and any combination of 3 (three) mentions and lines in any other Trek series. Is this truly too much to ask? No. If anything, it is too little. Thus, I beg of you, as morally concious Forum-goers, to join me in asking that the King of Redshirts recieve his just rewards.

For those interested in finding out more about Ryan Connors Leslie, his entry in Memory Alpha can be found here, and a site chronicling his appearences here.

e of pi: I know you have too much free time.
Ddoof: HEY!
e of pi: Well, so does anyone who posts on 5M.net. It comes from the extra 55 minutes.

We are the BSG. Your resources and injokes wil be added to our own, depleting your fanbase. Resistance is futile. So say we all.
Member of the Persons Who Believe that Ryan Connors Leslie Should Have Lines in Other Series Since He's Hardly In TOS Fivers

Last edited by e of pi; 07-02-2006 at 01:43 AM.