Thread: Sigh...
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2004, 08:57 PM
...and not cowardly

Ahem. I am not a psychopath, yet I dislike Kerry - I'm sorry, I do. But then I am ludicrously right-wing, to a point where I could just about balance Anthony Wedgewood-Benn...if you don't know who he is, take Vedra's advice, do a little research and FIND OUT. back to my point - wait, I can't remember what my point is. Hm. Maybe I should - ah yes. Bush isn't Hitler - a moustache would look crap on him :P. Seriously, he's not that bad - he manages your country reasonably - he's no Woodrow Wilson, I'll admit, but he's better than some, and while he can't charm people like FDR, he does seem to have some integrity. Sorry, I keep posting about this, but this seems to be all people are talking about. Bush has been villainised and I have to feel sorry for him at least a bit,( I always favour the underdog or the villainised - that's why I was intrigued by Nader - until I found out he was green*) - yes villainised by people. He started a war on terror that he means to continue. Just because it isn't easy and plain sailing in Iraq and your commanders are having a hard time there, as they did in Afghanistan, people whinge. No conventional army has ever successfully overrun Afghanistan before, not even the Victorian British Army, so you have something to be proud of. This wasn't going to be easy, but you cannot give up. and you can't pull out of Iraq, because that will show the terrorists that they can influence western politics - also that the Iraqi provisional government would be unable to maintain the peace and the British army has been whittled to the point where we would be unable to take the full load. Your generals planned for war and not peace, and that was their undoing. Ours have been through experiences such as Northern Ireland and we know about peacekeeping. Also, ask yourselves - was Saddam a good person? Answer: no. So something good has come out of this war on a false pretext. Sorry, I didn't mean to go on, I just feel people shouldn't get worked up or bitter about the whole thing and I just wanted to point out all my reasons.
* the green party supports population control. As a devout christian, I find this morally wrong.