View Single Post
Old 07-24-2004, 08:24 PM
Transformed Man

Send a message via ICQ to Standback Send a message via MSN to Standback Send a message via Yahoo to Standback

[color=#000000ost_uid0]When I first heard of and watched DS9, I was kinda disappointed. This was, I think, mainly because I was so used to TNG, and watched so few episodes, that I never really gave the series a fair chance. To this day I still retain the vague opinion that the first few seasons of DS9 were weaker than the later ones. This opinion may be true, but the fact is that I've never watched more than a few episodes from the first three seasons; this opinion is based entirely on the fact that during the first few seasons I wasn't watching because I thought it was boring, and then I started watching and got completely drawn in.

What I really really loved about DS9 was the great ongoing story arcs (again - the Dominion War, 4th season onwards) that let it achieve a complexity lacking in other Trek series. I got to know and love the characters, and the conflict and plotlines seemed to me so real and alive. I love the sense that this episode may have repurcussions that only turn up five months from now, or that this episode makes perfect sense to me [iost_uid0]because[/iost_uid0] I know the events preceeding it. The characters were likewise complex and evolving; Garak, Dukat, and Weyoun are all fascinating, and the main cast was full of characters with their own little storyline and points of interest.

A lot of these reasons are why I'm very very very eager to get my hands on B5 - it seems to be all this, only more so.[/colorost_uid0]
--It\'s Walky!, David Willis