View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 04:47 PM
Long fellow

Default What is this subject line for, anyway? Bring me pie, wench!

I just purchased DS9 on eBay and received what I am told is the complete Asian Collectors Edition. Basically, the sound is crud. The visuals keep chopping and skipping. Two DVD's in the 47 disc set don't work.

But the episodes are awesome. Since I only saw four episodes of first-run Nine, I've just been watching them straight through, skipping only the ones I saw on SpikeTV, which, evilly [sic?], has completely refused to run anything but TNG in prime time. Yesterday was "The Visitor" and "Hippocratic Oath."

So, through episode 4x3, my favorite three eps were...hooo. That's pretty hard. "The Wire" is right in there. Same to "Destiny," "Duet," and "The Die is Cast/Improbable Cause." That's four, but oh well.

Today, however, I'm online because of an urgent problem (kind of) that only YOU can solve. *hijacks thread*

My mom hasn't watched an episode of Star Trek in ten years, since the end of TNG (except for "Silent Enemy," but that really doesn't count). Once she heard that DS9 was a "dark" series, she decided not to watch it either. So now, after years of pressure, I've convinced her to watch three episodes.

Other than the first three eps, which won't work in the DVD player, what are the best three entry-level DS9 episodes?