View Single Post
Old 05-22-2003, 06:17 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Drat, it's probably too late to get in a "You must unlearn what you have learned" joke, isn't it?

[quoteost_uid0]Morpheus: Neo, you are The One. A hundred years ago, the human race was enslaved and imprisoned within the Matrix by the machines. Yet even in the darkness of despair, there was a ray of light. For The One walked among us in those days, freeing many and bringing hope to all by means of unsurpassed hacking and martial arts skills.
Neo: What are you talking about? I don't remember what I did a decade ago, let alone a century. Where did I live? What was my name?
Morpheus: One hundred years ago, you went by the secret identity "Jet Li".
Neo: What makes you think I'm the same person as this Jet Li?
Morpheus: Jet Li was known as "The One". Your screen name, "Neo", can be anagrammed to spell "One".
Neo: Whoa, that [iost_uid0]is[/iost_uid0] weird.*[/quoteost_uid0]

[*Brian Jacques fans insert your own optional Matthias joke somewhere around here ]

[quoteost_uid0]Neo: Why are you so sure I'm The One?
Morpheus: Because "Neo" is "One" with the O at the end.
Neo: It's "One", not "The One", now is it? Maybe I'm One of Nine, or Juan, or one year old. I don't [iost_uid0]wanna[/iost_uid0] be the saviour of the world! It's too much work!
Morpheus: Did I mention that one of the fringe benefits of being The One is learning how to use really cool martial arts abilities and stunning filming techniques to your advantage in fight scenes?
Neo: ...Yeah, I'm The One, I'm The One, the one they call The One![/quoteost_uid0]
or, for an alternate ending,
[quoteost_uid0]Neo: ...Yeah, I'm The One, I'm The One, the one they call Jet Li's son!
Morpheus: That was disturbing.[/quoteost_uid0][/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs