View Single Post
Old 05-30-2003, 01:54 AM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[quoteost_uid0="Quinalla"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Especially for people like Neo and Trinity that spend a lot of time in the Matrix, the need to feel alive and real has got to be overwhelming. Also, the desire to lose oneself in sex or music or dancing and just be, not thinking about all the problems. I felt the same as you when I first started watching this scene, but as I thought about it, it really made sense. I would agree that the scene was perhaps a tad long, but it made a solid impact that way.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Alright. From now on I'm taking you to the movies with me. That's a great analysis and it makes a lot more sense in that context. I still think it was long, but your explanation does make it more understandable. I just wish there would've been some sort of statement that underscored that theme while I was watching the movie. Then again, maybe it was mentioned in Morpheus's speech. I didn't find it compelling enough to listen to. I like Morpheus as the calm, subdued guy who speaks slowly and clearly rather than the shirtless fanatic who yells at a crowd on the verge of an orgy.

[quoteost_uid0]The thing I disliked most about the movie was the scenes with their new operater (can't even remember his name which shows how much I didn't care about his character). I wish they had either left them out or done more with it because I really didn't care about him and the scenes with him and his woman seemed pointless to me (though funny). I cared more about that hanger-on guy that kept bugging Neo and crew.[/quoteost_uid0]
Link is his name, if you care. I basically agree with you that it was pretty unexciting. In my opinion, so was the kid who hero-worshipped Neo. But neither of them raised any strong dislike from me either.

Did you hear that the actor who played Tank is suing the Wachowski Brothers for not rehiring him? They offered him a role, but when he asked for more money, they turned him down and hired Link. Stupid lawsuit-happy society.

[quoteost_uid0]The most confusing scenes were the ones where our heros were getting ready to get Neo into the core. They kept cutting back and forth from scenes that weren't happening at the same time, though I imagine a second viewing will make it a little easier.[/quoteost_uid0]
That threw me at first also. But once I noticed the power station from the beginning of the movie, things suddenly clicked for me.

[quoteost_uid0]Absolutely loved all the action scenes, when Neo was fighting the million Smiths it was just hilarious. I could see the directors planning that scene out.[/quoteost_uid0]
Honestly the Smiths scene got a little long for me at the end. I think it got that way when it became obvious that neither Neo nor the Smiths were in any real danger, nor would inflict any premanent damage on the other.

[quoteost_uid0]The oracle was hilarious again, I love her character.[/quoteost_uid0]
Unfortunately, the actress playing her is dead. They had shot all the scenes they needed for Reloaded but not Revolutions so I wouldn't count on seeing her much in Revolutions.[/colorost_uid0]