View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 07:11 PM
You just activated his Trek card

So I'm watching the Garak tribute again, and I got to wondering...

PNQ: What Trek character would've made the greatest changes to history if they had never existed?

Think about it. Garak changed the course of the Dominion War many, many times. So many times that I can't even list them all without going episode by episode.

Then again, no Worf means Duras would've become Chancellor, broken the Federation Alliance, and the Klingons would've become pawns of the Romulans.

Without Kirk the Klingons would've gotten a much larger foothold in Federation territory in the TOS days PLUS the Chang conspiracy would've taken control of the Empire.

No Picard means the first Borg invasion would've gone quite differently. And frankly Q's interactions with the Enterprise would've been much different. For that matter, would Riker have figured out the Devron anomaly paradox?

No Spock means no Khitomer Conference. Another ambassador wouldn't have gotten things done so fast. Chang would've had a much easier time taking over the Empire.

No Data...wow. Once again the first Borg invasion would've gone very differently. Not to mention the Klingon Civil War.

Scotty has a good shot at the title as well. Not for any one thing, but for lots of little examples of miracle repairs.

No Sisko...yikes. That's a thread by itself.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.