Thread: Link Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 10:33 PM
You just activated his Trek card

It's always interesting to play "Six Degrees of YouTubers." Since the audiences of similar YouTubers tend to be similar, you get a lot of overlap between fanbases.

Stuart Ashens is a key hub for British YouTubers. He started before Channel Awesome (any of them, including longtimers like Cinema Snob and Spoony), before the Vlog Brothers and their galaxy, before almost any current "big" YouTube reviewer besides the AVGN. (Because Guru Larry pestered him, Ashens was even a part of Channel Awesome for a short time, so that connects him to that corner of the Internet).

Anyway, last year he did a video with Tom Scott, which I only discovered today. And of course Tom Scott has crossed over with Numberphile, which opens an entire galaxy of connections. As soon as you get to Numberphile, you open up the Vlog Brothers, CGP Grey, Vsauce, Vihart, etc.

I'm not sure if I had a point (besides "watch the channels that you've never heard of, they're worth it), but since when does everything have to have a point?

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.