View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 12:12 PM
I fell in the pit
You fell in the pit
We all fell in the piiiiit

I also believe that timetravel to the past will not be possible....
I heard about a theory about a time-machine that will allow you to travel back to the time you finished building the time-machine and starting to work with it....
so when you built your time-machine 5 years ago it will only allow you to travel back this amount of time

I also think that it will self-prevent paradoxes..... in the movie "the time machine" the guy has to watch his soon-to-be-wife die all the time....I think that this could really be the state...

It could also be that you, when you travel back or forward in time, go to this time in an "alternate universe" or a different dimension...todays physicists believe in 10 spatial dimensions I think and also if these dimensions are curled up they could provide enough "space" for timetravel to happen.......

I also think of time as a mesurable "distance" between two happenings at the same place..... and you make that time linear by giving it a starting point of 0 entropy and an ending of infinite entropy.......and time evolves from lower to higher state of "chaos" ..but this also leaves space for some questions.... for example if time is a messure of change, what happens on temperature of 0K? is there time at all?
or when the universe does not contain enough mass to lead to a big crunch someday there will no change anymore because pressure and temperature are the same in every part of the universe...does time then exist anymore?

or what about the space beween particles making up for example a neutron? does time exist in such infinitly small areas of space where not even the vacuum energy could "create" particles and anti-particles that annihilate a short period of time later?

so many questions so few knowledge.....I definetely want to talk to a particle-physicist or something like that.....
I guess such discussion may last forever.......

@gatac: yes that could be a possibility...... but then you could have an infinite amount of parallel universes......