View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 03:44 AM
Suuuuuper genius

Send a message via AIM to MaverickZer0 Send a message via MSN to MaverickZer0 Send a message via Yahoo to MaverickZer0

Then of course there's the "Back to the Future" theory, whereupon a paradox is something that could potentially end up obliterating the universe and anything else you may believe to be outside it.

...On second thought, I'll go with the one from "Thrice Upon a Time", a book where they send messages back in time. If the possibility that the paper is not there is eliminated, the timeline that resulted from that ceases to exist.

It's a great book, if a little headachey to understand. I got it secondhand. Plenty of theory to debate there.

At one point in the book, they got a message that said "Watch the vase." from the future, about ten minutes from then. One of them was absentmindedly playing with the vase and froze when they got the message, thereby resulting in it not being broken. Seeing as the vase was never broken, as all times before that that could have led to it received the message, that timeline ceased to exist.

It's a little scary to think about, but the fundamentals make sense.

No, I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm going to go and do it anyway.

*pokes avatar* Made by a good LJ friend. Thanks Ani!

Dark Blues: I'm going to kill you!
Enzan: Not if I kill me first!
Dark Blues: You...are aware my goal is accomplished either way, right?
Enzan: ...Yeah...