Thread: January 31
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 03:08 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default January 31

The second community present, aka macro-update, is here... and I didn't call it that for nothing. Find something to hold onto, ladies and gents, because TJI just hit the big 47 -- and the eTrektion is back.

For the uninitiated, back in '04 I started This Just In's second multipart storyline. (The first was the Zuke saga, chronicled in issues 13, 19, and 20.) I'd been toying with some "X becomes new executive producer of Star Trek" ideas, and it occurred to me I could do them all at once. Two things happened that I didn't expect: one, the name "eTrektion" stuck; and two, several readers asked if they could run. Before I could control it, half the forumgoers were declaring their candidacy. Deciding not to fight a big surge in reader interest, I wrote the new candidates into the storyline (with the understanding that this is a story, not a real election -- I haven't even revealed who the voters are).

Then I dropped the ball, and I don't really know why. What I do know is that when you drop a ball, every day it gets harder to pick up. (I may possibly be straining the metaphor.) And so I haven't done anything with the eTrektion since September of last year. But the various "parties" are still around and have kept campaigning in their sigs, waiting for... well, this.

So read the article. Check out the eTrektion page, a work in progress. Bone up on the past articles if you need to, and stay tuned for more.

(Oh, and see if you can spot the hint to the final community present.)

Up next: Doctor Who!

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction