View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004, 02:57 PM
Man in the iron mask

Send a message via ICQ to Gatac Send a message via AIM to Gatac

I'm against it, frankly. There's tons of really good fan stories out there, and we don't five any of those, either (except for Virtual Voyager Season 8&9, where Zeke was a writer, and DS9 - What you come back to where we had the fivers submitted). In both cases, the fivers were simply added to the series they belonged to, and while it is sort of a precedent, there's been no big follow-up to it. With all due respect, but what elevates Commodore above, say Renaissance or Delta Fleet ? I know you've got a personal stake in it, but ask yourself this: will people want to read fivers of a series that is not even close to having enough material to work with? Renaissance is about to start it's fourth season, they've been going since 2001, they're linked from some of the biggest Trek fansites, and to me knowledge, nobody has ever brought up fiving them.

My advice is therefore: Write first, make fun of later.

(Why is the story written in present tense, by the way? It's a bit tiring to read.)

Gatac

PS: Sorry if I'm sounding overly negative here - I think my honest opinion will be of more help to you.
- d02 Quotes