View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 07:14 AM
Suuuuuper genius

Send a message via AIM to MaverickZer0 Send a message via MSN to MaverickZer0 Send a message via Yahoo to MaverickZer0

Prophecy? Erg! Right. I don't know if the full thing was ever said, but here's the bit from OotP:

'The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches...born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies...and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not...and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives...the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies...'

There it is, exactly as Dumbledore's memory shows it. The first two and the first half of the second one refer to who it will be. 'Power the Dark Lord knows not' is where it takes a turn for Cornysville--as Dumbledore says, the power Harry has that Voldemort does not is love. (Cliché much?) The next part is very obvious--one must kill the other, and we all know who will kill whom. The last part is a summary of the first bits.

Kinda disappointing. I thought there'd be more clues in there.

No, I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm going to go and do it anyway.

*pokes avatar* Made by a good LJ friend. Thanks Ani!

Dark Blues: I'm going to kill you!
Enzan: Not if I kill me first!
Dark Blues: You...are aware my goal is accomplished either way, right?
Enzan: ...Yeah...