View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 01:16 AM
You just activated his Trek card

Source

Playing fast and loose with continuity would allow Discovery to cherry-pick what works while excising what doesn’t from the different versions of the franchise. While Fuller did say this series is in the Prime timeline, this fact has been played down since, especially after he stepped down as showrunner. Given Star Trek’s long and often contradictory history, splitting the difference with an alternate/mixed reality could be its best bet. It would allow the writers to make the references and connections that fans demand while also allowing new, uninitiated viewers a fresh start point.

Prime universe status has been downplayed? That's new to me. I'll cover the "fresh start point" later. The article goes on to say that Discovery could be retconning prior series like recent comic book universe events. Can someone explain to me the supposedly subtle difference between "new universe" and "we're retconning most of the Prime Universe"?

Don't expect Season Two in 2018

Apparently the studio wants to match the effects of Game of Thrones to justify All Access.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.