View Single Post
Old 08-15-2004, 09:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to antodav
Default Vote for Five Minute COMMODORE!

Hello everybody. I just wanna let you know something...a dirty little secret that we've been carrying around for a while now...

You may remember me from such fivers as "The Visitor" and...well, actually, that's all that Zeke has ever let me do. I had some other ideas, but they've been pretty much trashed by now. However....

As you can see in my profile, my career goal is to become a writer and producer for TV and film. In particular, one thing I would love to do (if the franchise is still around by that time of course) is write for Star Trek. I have ENT ep ideas, but since the series probably won't last more than 5 seasons, many of those ideas (which largely revolved around developing the "Little 3" [Travis, Hoshi, Malcolm] as well as the Romulan Wars etc.) won't have the opportunity to come to pass. If I can make it there before the final season though, at least then maybe I'll have the chance to get my foot in the door.

My central project, my brainchild, the one that I have dedicated the last two years of my life to, is something far grander however than any mere ENT episode. It's actually my concept for what would ideally become the sixth Star Trek series. The series is called Star Trek: Commodore, and it's set in the late 24th Century, eight years after DS9 and six years after Voyager. The series revolves around the the starship U.S.S. Commodore, commanded by Captain Geoffrey Henderson, a young, brash, arrogant, and somewhat naive officer who formerly served on both Voyager and the Enterprise-D. Commodore, Starfleet's first large flagship-class heavy cruiser designed specifically for combat and patrol, is sent to the Beta Quadrant, where most of the series is set, to fight on the front lines of the Federation's war against interstellar terrorism. As you may be able to tell, the series draws greatly from current events and deals with many relevant political issues, while at the same time going against the traditional grain of previous Star Trek series by refusing to be politically correct.

What defines Commodore more than anything else however is the fact that it is both completely planned out and serialized. I was inspired mainly by Babylon 5 (which I consider to be the greatest sci-fi series ever made) as well as Farscape and my favorite of the Trek series, Voyager. The series is set to be seven seasons long, and it deals with several story arcs that are intertwined with one another (I'd tell you more about them but I wouldn't want to spoil anything for you). Some might call it DS9 set on a starship, but I distinguish it from that series by both its political content and my avoidance of soapy melodrama. If you can believe it, Commodore has far more gray areas to it than DS9 did. In the series the Federation is sometimes both the good and the bad guy, and by the fifth season even Captain Henderson himself (due to traumatic events that happen in his life) is bordering on crossing the edge into evil. There are also important recurring appearances by characters from the other TNG-era Trek series, particularly characters from Voyager and TNG. It's a really exciting, epic story that I'd love to share with you all one day...once I get it all written down LOL (at this point most of it is still in my head).

Anyway, the reason I'm posting this is to see if maybe the power of democracy can help sway the will of the almighty tyrant Emperor Zeke Hayman. You see, after abandoning my efforts to five any more existing Trek episodes (seeing as Zeke has decided to be a Cardassian and weild all fiving power through his own brutal, bloody command), I've decided to go ahead and instead try doing parodies based on my own series. I've already (just barely) started a website on which I'll be eventually posting Commodore eps (in story format, for now), and I'd like it to eventually include, besides a blog, a 5MV-style subsite consisting of parodies of Commodore episodes. First, however, I need to get Zeke's permission, since the Five-Minute concept is his idea (or so he claims :-P). I've come here to see if I can organize a petition...get Zeke to give me the green-light for Five-Minute Commodore! When the parody of the series's three-part pilot, "The Warriors of Starfleet," is complete, I'll be sure to show it to you all so that you may witness what God (or I, whichever you prefer) have wrought. But I can't do it without your help! Please, I beg you, let your voices be heard, carry signs and plackards, bake him lots of yummy pies as bribery, do whatever you've got to do, but help me turn my subsite into a reality! I've been bugging him about it for over a YEAR now! Thanks!

Amorem omnibus,
Antodav

P.S.: Oh, and if Zeke is reading this, I've also got another proposal for 5MV itself...Five-Minute A Tale of Two Cities.