View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 12:54 AM

Send a message via AIM to antodav

Hey, I've got nothing against other fan-written series being fived. I think it would be a great idea...like the poll (which I'm unfortunately losing in a landslide that is giving me Walter Mondale-syndrome) says, "fivers and democracy for all!" And I don't think you guys understand...I'm not asking for my subsite to be part of 5MV, or even for a link to it from 5MV. It's just something I want to do on my own site, which I'm starting up soon. I wouldn't ask Zeke to include a series that isn't even really a series yet on his own site. It's just that the idea of doing fivers nominally belongs to him, so I want permission from Zeke to use the concept on my site. If he wants to link it, that's his choice; I just don't want to disrespect him by taking his idea....

One thing is clear though: you guys are definitely encouraging me to hurry up and get more of this series written. I admit that I haven't been doing a good job keeping up with my goals and it's one of the things I regret most in my life at the moment. Then again, at the rate I'm going, I think I'd probably be able to get a new fiver up at least as often as Zeke does a new ENT fiver... :P LOL j/k.

Antodav

P.S.: Oh, and the reason it's in present tense is to help to give the feel that you're watching it as a television episode rather than reading it as a story. I feel like present tense puts you more in the middle of the action. I would just put it in script format to get that effect, but I think scripts are a little bit harder to read (and furthermore I'm not entirely sure on how to do professional TV scripts yet).