View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 12:56 AM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

Quote:
347 storms? Where'd you read that?
I kept count as they rolled through and I read about them on the news, and then I made up a number with 47 in it. :P

The "you" in my previous post regarding this was addressed to Maverick. I haven't quite figured out how to quote so that the quotee's name appears with it. I'm getting old, and this newfangled technology confuses me. In my day, we downloaded out mail from bulletin boards and read it offline. Back then, the Internet was steam-powered, and information was carried by ants in little glass tubes.

I appear to have gotten off-topic.

Quote:
Uh, the actual tree line isn't particularly useful. I'd be more interested in the "lumberable" tree line, which is much further south.
Surely there's a huge market for ornamental dwarf tree-bushes. Anyway, even if you can't sell it for lumber, you can still run a trapline through it, and the number of trees on top of it doesn't affect the vast mineral resources underneath it. Can I offer you a polar bear diamond?