View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 02:49 AM
Is he ever gonna hit Krazy Kat, or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa'ar Chasm View Post
The "you" in my previous post regarding this was addressed to Maverick. I haven't quite figured out how to quote so that the quotee's name appears with it.
If you use the "Quote" button at the bottom of the post to be quoted, you'll note that in the text window, the quoted post, before editing, starts with something like this:
Code:
[QUOTE=Sa'ar Chasm;71864]
The first part (QUOTE=) designates the name of the poster being quoted -- in this case, you -- and causes it to appear thus:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa'ar Chasm
The number following the semicolon is the discrete ID for that post which is being quoted. It allows that little arrow ( ) within the quote box to take you back to the post from whence it came, should that be desirable.

The above applies to vBulletin software as implemented here. Other software at other BBS-type boards may differ in one minor detail or another, but they all end up looking pretty much the same, in the end.

Disclaimer: Now would be an opportune time, for anyone who wishes, to come barging in to point out where I've gotten it all wrong.

'Yes, but I think some people should be offended.'
-- John Cleese (on whether he thought some might be offended by Monty Python)

Last edited by mudshark; 01-09-2007 at 02:53 AM.