View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 10:23 PM
But if you put the hammer in an elevator...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Great View Post
"There are no deadlines"? It's a zarking April Fools' event! Not a theme event, but one tied to a specific holiday which only exists one day of the year.
Or maybe that's the gag, that it's going to last 365 days. Or maybe Zeke feels like switching permanently to anime. That's his prerogative.

Quote:
And by the by, what does it matter whether I have a website of my own? Are you insinuating that I can't understand how much work and time it takes to run a website?
I'm not insinuating. I'm saying it outright. If you haven't done it, you don't know what it demands, personally, professionally, creatively, and emotionally. I ran two sites for over four years each, both updating twice weekly with several thousand words of unique content and heavy image processing. Yes, it takes a lot out of you, and yes, when you miss a week or an update you feel guilty that you've failed in your obligation to entertain your audience, even if that obligation is purely self-imposed. Having the peanut gallery whine about how bored they are or make demands about future content doesn't make the webmaster feel better about missing an update or screwing up an event.

Bluntly, Nate, every time you bitch that Zeke hasn't provided you with some new marvelous funny detailed researched full-of-in-jokes fiver for your personal amusement, you make it harder on him to produce said fiver. Get off his back. He's under no obligation to change the anime back to the "standard" front page. He's under no obligation to post anything ever again. He's not even under any obligation to keep this site or this forum active, in point of fact.

Quote:
The basic laws of sanity and courtesy demand that an April Fools' event last no longer than the first week of April.
Sanity? If you've been driven to a therapist because Zeke hasn't gotten around to taking the kittens off the splash page, you have larger problems than a website update can address. As far as courtesy, it's his frakkin website and he can do as he bloody well pleases. He doesn't owe any of us anything.