View Single Post
Old 10-31-2022, 02:03 AM
You just activated his Trek card

The Fiver

Scotty: I've got a friend in there!
Riker: Was he a TOS regular?
Scotty: More like a redshirt.
Riker: Then he's history. Want some pie?

Hehe.

Scotty: You know Ensign, these quarters remind me of "Wolf in the Fold" and "Elaan of Troyius".
Kane: Sorry sir, I only follow Trek from TNG forward. I'll leave you alone to contemplate your utter uselessness in this century.
Scotty: In my day you would've been killed before being able to recite that many lines....

He's probably right. The way Kane acted he seems like a prime candidate for a Ceti eel or mugato attack.

Scotty: Computer, show me the Enterprise.
Computer: There have been countless capitalistic endeavors in history; please specify.
Scotty: THE U.S.S. ENTERPRISE, NCC-1701. NO BLOODY--

As I've said before, there have been a LOT of ships with bridges in history.

Data: Now that we're orbiting the star, it's solar flaring.
Picard: If this isn't the sun, Sol, wouldn't it just be a Stellar Flare?
Data: Yes, but I find no flare to that particular Incubus song.

Actually there are a number of songs with that title, along with a My Little Pony character.

Picard: Are we screwed yet to the point that only Scotty can rescue us?
Data: Aye.
Picard: Excellent. Break out the Parcheesi.

Parcheesi?

Memory Alpha

* Dyson himself enjoyed the episode, even if he thought the science was ridiculous.
* It's weird for Troi to kiss Scotty goodbye since they never interacted, but there was a deleted scene where they did. Geordi sends her to counsel Scotty, but he doesn't like the idea of being treated like he's crazy.
* Actually, in "The Naked Time" it was Spock who came up with the new startup routine, but maybe Scotty helped offscreen.
* Only time Scotty is addressed as a Captain, even though he's been one since Search for Spock.

Nitpicker's Guide

* How does the transporter work through the Jenolan's shields? I would argue that it's the same principle as "Trials and Tribbleations"-the older tech has holes that the E-D can exploit.
* Does Guinan really let just anyone access her private stash?
* Wouldn't the Jenolan have taken an established warp route to Norphin IV? How come nobody found this thing before now?
* Aren't there any historians besides Picard on board that would want to talk to Scotty?

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.