View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 01:56 PM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

Default Re: Block 29 - Goodbye, Mr. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke
....and dies, shot point-blank by Agent Smith. (In Neo's worst bit of bad luck yet, there must have been someone in the room for Smith to possess.) The crew watch in disbelief and horror as Neo's monitor flatlines.
Actually my interpretation of the scene goes like this:

Brown, Jones, and Smith chase Neo, but when Neo gets to the hotel, Smith looks up and notices that it is the same hotel as the one at the beginning of the movie (which, I agree, is an awesome detail). Smith realizes that Neo must be going for the room Trinity was originally in at the start of the film, so he abandons the pursuit and goes straight for room 303, surmising it must be Neo's destination. Alternatively, if there isn't enough time for Smith's current body to get to the room, he can certainly leap into the body of the closest person to room 303 and wait for Neo there, but I've always taken Smith's observation of the hotel to mean that he knows that Neo's going to room 303.