View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 08:46 PM
You just activated his Trek card

If you're talking about The Reduced Shakespeare Company and
The Complete Works of William Shakespeare Abridged
The Bible Abridged
All The Great Books Abridged
etc.

Then I must agree. I have their DVD and their radio show.

Wouldn't it be a reasonable compromise for Sev Trek to make the entire archive accessable, but require registration for punchline submission?

I think that when you get right downt to it, far too many webmasters become influenced by MONEY. In fact sometimes I think that all webmasters should take an oath that goes something like:

"If I do not copyright my characters, style, or work prior to posting a single page on the Internet, then my work does not belong to me. The words do, but I will not be bothered by plagarists. On the other hand, I will not sell merchandise containing anything that did not originate with me."

Case in point: Sean Howard of A Modest Destiny. He started what is arguably one of the best pixel comics out there (still second to Kid Radd ), but when Penny Arcade started alegedly using similar sprites he went ballistic. That was bad enough, but when his site suddenly went from PG to PG-13 (accomplishing nothing, by the way, in terms of quality of storyline), he just turned me off. He should've taken my Webmaster's Oath.

It's sort of a "create your own stuff, but don't take it too seriously" mentality. I realize that I've gone way off topic, but what else is new? Opinions?

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.