View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 05:29 PM
But if you put the hammer in an elevator...

yeah, Sev Trek stopped being funny a long time ago. That's what happens when you go for sheer mass quantity over quality. (Which is also why I never worry that Zeke's stuff is late. I'd rather wait for a really good laugh than get prompt pablum.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Improbability:
In fact sometimes I think that all webmasters should take an oath that goes something like:

"If I do not copyright my characters, style, or work prior to posting a single page on the Internet, then my work does not belong to me. The words do, but I will not be bothered by plagarists. On the other hand, I will not sell merchandise containing anything that did not originate with me."
How do you define how a webmaster should copyright something? In the U.S., at least, pretty much everything original is automatically copyrighted. You don't have to register it at some office somewhere or pay for anything like you do with a patent.

If my work is original, why shouldn't I take it seriously? If I take the time and effort to come up with a unique character or comic strip etc. why wouldn't I go ballistic if someone else tried to make a reputation from it without my permission?