View Single Post
Old 05-19-2003, 03:22 AM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]John closed his eyes as he leaned back in the train seat. The vehicle's hypersmooth thrumming was soothing, but it didn't ease the worries he felt. Suddenly, he heard giggling, and opened his eyes, only to be greeted by the sight of a little girl on the opposite row whispering into her mother's ear. He looked down and realized his socks were mismatched: one was red and the other was blue. He laughed, despite himself.

The train arrived at his station and he disembarked. To his surprise, his girlfriend was waiting for him on the platform. As he ran over to greet her, the station was rocked by a gigantic blast......[/quoteost_uid0]

Seeing as how it's Sunday, I'd better get some more characters in...

"For most of the world, however, the morning was peaceful. Geordi, for example, had taken advantage of his leave by sleeping in till eleven. Now he sat quietly at the restaurant table, perusing an article in the local newspaper about a capybara that had been trained to spell out 'w-o-m-b-a-t'.

His communicator beeped. Geordi closed his eyes and silently cursed the author for ruining yet another peaceful vacation before tapping it. 'LaForge here.'
'Picard here. Sorry to interrupt your time off, but Admiral Nocheeseyet has requested an emergency meeting of all senior officers--Troi, myself, Data, Worf, Riker, Doctor Crusher, and you*--in thirty minutes to discuss a string of terrorist attacks across the Federation. I gather there may be a serious security breach by a foreign power at the root of this. Lieutenant Saxama will provide you with the beaming coordinates.'"

* [/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs