Thread: Audiofivers
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 11:19 AM
You just activated his Trek card

Default Audiofivers

This is a combined poll/discussion. As usual I'll have to go by way of Jupiter to reach the point, but...

A long time ago, when dinosaurs ruled the earth, life was wild, rich, and on the whole, tax-free. In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women, and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were REAL small furry--oh, yeah, the point.

It was once suggested by someone at 5MSG that it'd be fun to make audiofivers. The term was coined by us as a neat idea to do. Reading a fiver aloud with a full voice cast comprising (of course ) of the fivists of 5MSG. Of course these would be freely downloadable. The idea was actually the simplification of a more advanced idea called "videofivers," which would be a lot more complicated (and possibly illegal) to do. Turns out none of us had the equipment or knowledge to start Photoshopping hundreds of images or the ethics to start ripping footage off of DVDs (were the DVD sets out back then? I can't recall). However, most of us should have a barebones Sound Recorder in the Accessories menus of our Windows taskbars, right? Record a line at a time and let the technowizards among us string them together with basic sound effects.

What are your feelings about reviving the idea?

So, you can see the poll options yourself. Please comment.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.