Thread: Audiofivers
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 12:15 AM
You just activated his Trek card

Okay, here's the kicker. Which of the following should be the priority that determines audiofiver length:

1. Takes five minutes to listen to.
2. Takes a reasonable amount of time to download.
3. Contains all of the fiver that can be tranlated into an audio format.

This is really an important point that needs to be consistent.

As of right now, the consensus seems to be for uniform voice casts. I'm not going to open the kettle of worms of "auditions," "saving," and so on, mainly because:

1. Zeke has yet to authorize the creation or posting of audiofivers on this site, nor has he authorized anyone else to post copyrighted 5M.net material on another site. A very important first step.
2. No one has volunteered to take over the jobs of editting, directing, and creating sound effects for them. I can't do any of these things.
3. A system must be established for deciding in what order they would be created. Probably some sort of poll thread, or even the order that the original fivers were posted, although I'm fond of the notion of having the movies or the animated series being first, if only to finish them and hosting completed zip files.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.