Thread: Global Warming
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 08:02 PM

Well, to be honest, this PARTICULAR dramatic climate change is not really affected by the weather. Other changes, like in Europe:

Spring coming 9 days earlier,
Summer ending 3 days later, and
Winters averaging 4 degrees colder,

are DIRECTLY linked to the reduction in the Atlantic Gulf Stream current. Warm water, and thus warm air, is not making it to Europe, and this means in the summer there is less convenient humidity and this results in lower pressure zones, sucking in hotter air from surrounding areas, and in Winter it just means less warm air outright. Now, there's a couple causes for the Atlantic Gulf Stream reduction, but a significant portion of it? Water use along the Carribbean, by Mexico and the United States. And do you think they'll stop? They NEED that water for irrigation... without it, billions of tons of food just don't get grown. But with it, in about ten years, Europe will be in serious trouble, and there's talk that if the current is shifted, it will be PERMANENT... and new ocean currents will form, and it's believed this will heat up the East Coast of the US and Canada, and bring warmer water up into the Canadian Arctic, and FUCK if THAT won't melt a little ice cap!

So, in short... goodbye, Earth!

~

I'm a comedian and a poet, so if I say something and you don't laugh... then it was a poem.