View Single Post
Old 06-24-2004, 01:15 AM
Or is it KJHTMMM now?

Send a message via MSN to Katy Jane Send a message via Yahoo to Katy Jane

[color=#000000ost_uid0]A step by step tutorial for getting an Avvy.

1. Go to www.photobucket.com
2. Click the link that says "sign up free"
3. Fill out the short form they present you with and hit "Register"

Short of creating a second acount for myself i can only try my best to remember what you do next...

4. a validation email will probably be sent to your email adress, it will give you instructions on how to valadate your account and log in for the first time.

5. Find a picture that you want to use for your avvy, Google image search works well.

6. Save the image on your computer (right click -> Save Image) somewhere that you will be able to find again.

7. Log into your photobucket account. There is a box at the top of the page, that is labled "add picture", click the button next to it that says browse. in the window that pops up find the image you saved and select it and hit the open button.

8. The text for the images location will now be in the "add picture" box. Click the submit button

9. After a moment, the page will refresh with the message. "*pictures added", The page will also now show a thumbnail of the image along with thee text boxes, One showing the images URL, one showing the images URL with HTML tags, and one showing the images URL with [img] tags (this is what you would use if you wanted to post a picture in a thread.)

10. Click on the first text box (the one containing the plain URL) once to highlight it, then right click and select copy to clipboard.

11. Now go to the 5mv forums and click on "Your Control Panel"

12. Click on: Personal Info

13: Click on Avtar options

14: scroll down to where it says "Your avatar", right click on the coorasponding text box and slect past, your Avvy's URL should be there now.

15. Click the button that says "Add my own image as my avatar" and you should be all set. [/colorost_uid0]