View Single Post
Old 07-04-2003, 04:33 AM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Let's see, it's late, I can [iost_uid0]feel[/iost_uid0] my awakeness draining away and taking my restraint with it, and there are a number of questions here that I either can't or won't answer. This ought to be interesting...

YOUR NAME

The singular boring question: What is your name?:
Um, blue? No wait, that comes later--AARGH!

If you had been born a member of the opposite sex, what would your name have been?:
Quite possibly a form of "Lynn". Don't ask me why, it's just a hunch.

Would you name a child of yours after you?:
Absolutely not. My brother and I have enough trouble distinguishing which one of us is being called for as it is.

If you had to switch first names with a friend of yours, who would you switch with?:
None. No idea. Too narrow a field.

What's the way people most often mispronounce any part of your name?:
Not mispronounce, but people have been known to put an E where an A should be.

If you were to become famous, would you drop your last name (like Madonna, Cher, Roseanne)?:
Absolutely no way. That's just weird. Well, Cher can get away with it outside of France, but she doesn't count.

DEEP THEOLOGICAL QUESTIONS

Do you believe in the traditional view of Heaven and Hell?:
I'm not sure. I'm a Christian, but the traditional view may not coincide with mine. I doubt it does.

Do you think God has a gender?:
Yes. "God" is masculine, "Goddess" is feminine. :smile: And I invented "Gode" as a gender-neutral form.

Do you think science counteracts religion?:
Not particularly. Some scientists are out to get religion though, and some religious people are out to get science.

Do you believe in organized religion?:
A lot of what we have now is diluted and not hitting the mark. But it's indisputable that Christians need to be there for each other. I won't presume to speak for other religions.

Where do you think we go when we die?:
Depends on where and how we die and whether we have a burial, cremation, or whatever else.

Do you feel a little funny thinking about the questions in this category?:
Goofy? Yes. Funny? Not really.

HUMOR

How easy is it to make you laugh?:
If the right thought occurs to me at the right moment, when I'm in the right mood, and it strikes me as even mildly amusing, I can easily go off into a three- or four-minute giggling fit. In the wrong mood, I may not even smile at something that's hilarious.

What person you know makes you laugh the most?:
Me. My family. Zeke. Derek.

Do you laugh at jokes you know you shouldn't?:
Sometimes I can't help but giggle, they're so bad/pathetic/whatever.

Do you tell jokes you know you shouldn't?:
What PHJ said.

What words instantly make you laugh or at least smile?:
"GAK!" Anything else that triggers a funny thought or memory--but that's not quite "instantaneous".

What do you think is the funniest thing you've ever said or written?:
All of it. No, seriously. I find it all hilarious, at least until I come back to it a few months later and wince and wonder "What was I thinking when I wrote that? Was I really that bad?" But if I had to pick a "masterpiece" or two from all the havoc I have wrought, I would probably have to go with my two Jovian stories I've written and the one that is still in the planning-out stage. (It's annoying, I've had the idea for months on end, and everything's fallen into place, except the plot...)

MUSIC

Do you ever dance to music when nobody's watching?:
Hum, yes. Dance, no.

What is/are the worst song(s) you have ever heard?:
Most of the stuff I hear that was made in the past five to ten years or so.

What song(s) do you wish you could understand a little better?:
That's one reason why some of these songs are so bad. E-NUN-CEE-A-SHUN, people! "Sha-Sha Dream", indeed! Pfft! :eyeroll: Â Â Â Â Â Â [imgost_uid0]http://3sygma.com/fiveminute/forums/html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/imgost_uid0]

What song(s) are constantly in your head?:
Can't say. There are a number of them, and they rotate constantly.

What song(s) do you think describe your personality best?:
My personalities are too varied and complex to be described by a single song. :smile: The obvious one would be "They're Coming To Take Me Away", with the girlfriend stuff cut out. Probably something lyrical, not eardrum-smashing or anything.

If you were to serenade the object of your affections, which song(s) would you use?:
I would tend to agree with what PHJ said. But if she coaxed me into it (why? Love's weird like that, I guess), I would sing some old song.

If the object of your affections were to serenade you, what song(s) would you hope he or she used?:
A good one. A positive one.

MOVIES

What movie(s) do you love that nobody else seems to?:
Can't think of any. Insufficient sample. This section is going to be awfully repetitive, I think...

Do you agree with the idea that sequels are always worse than the original?:
No, but they often are. Of course, very often the original isn't very good in the first place.

Who's your favorite Star Wars character?:
I dunno. Han's quite amusing.

What kind of movie do you think there should be more of?:
The good kind. The kind that doesn't include any one-time cliched devices used to show a section of the audience that they were thought of (yes, children's movies, it's [iost_uid0][bost_uid0]you[/bost_uid0][/iost_uid0] in particular that I'm death-glaring at right now) or to bump the rating. The kind they aren't making (or did they ever?).

What movie(s) do you simply not understand the appeal of?:
Get a listing of all the movies released within the past, say, three or four years. Pick three-quarters of them at random. Odds are you've got most of them.

FOOD

When eating, are you more concerned with taste or healthiness?:
Taste, though healthiness is also important.

What's your favorite kind of cheese?:
No favorite.

What do you think your answer to the previous question reveals about your personality?:
Ah, that would be telling, wouldn't it?

If you knew exactly what went into Chinese food, hamburger meat, etc., would you still eat it?:
No. My head would hurt too much for me to eat anything.

Do you ever feel guilty eating meat?:
Nope.

COMPUTERS

Mac or PC?:
PC. Gotta love having more than one mouse button.

How much do you actually care about the inner workings of your computer, as long as it works?:
I'm trying to imagine such a situation. And failing. It's late. Sorry.

Do you ever begin preferring IMs to other forms of conversation?:
Nope. In-person conversations are much better than IM's. Though IM's can be better than e-mail or PM's in some situations.

Do you find you're different talking through IMs than face-to-face or on the telephone?:
Well, yes. I have to think and type faster with IM's than I have to think and talk on the phone.

Have you ever ended bid on something on eBay and regretted it later?:
Nope. Never bidden at eBay.

THE BATTLE OF THE SEXES

Have you ever wished you could experience being the other gender?
No, not really. Wondered what their lives were like, certainly.

What do you love most about the other gender?:
They aren't any worse than mine.

What do you dislike most about the other gender?:
They aren't any better than mine.

What do you understand least about the other gender?:
The same that I understand least about mine.

CELEBRITIES

Do you sometimes see a movie or watch a show just because a good-looking celebrity is in it?:
I try to make a point of avoiding such gimmicks.

What celebrity's autograph do you want most?:
I dunno. None, as of yet. I do have a few.

Have people ever said you looked like a celebrity, and if so, who?:
People mix me up with my brother, but he's not a celebrity. Now excuse me while I go pound my head in annoyance over passing up a perfectly good set-up line over a year ago.

If there was to be a movie about you, who do you think should play you (in personality, looks or both)?:
Well, if it were a "good" movie, a "celebrity" so that they wouldn't be able to wipe it out of existence completely. If I were embarrassed by it for a [iost_uid0]good[/iost_uid0] reason (because it stunk), then a nobody, so that it could melt into obscurity (which it would do if there were no celebrities involved).

Does it ever annoy you when you know someone is a celebrity but you can't remember why?:
No. I don't bother to keep track of who played what role in which lame TV series. Sometimes it annoys me when I know someone is a celebrity and I [iost_uid0]do[/iost_uid0] know why--not annoyed at myself, but annoyed at others for encouraging the person.

If you could enter any celebrity's mind like in "Being John Malkovich", whose would you enter?:
I have no idea.

Do you want to be John Malkovich?:
 No. I want to be me.

NUMBERS

Do you laugh when you hear or read the number 69?:
No. I :eyeroll: every time 144 is the answer to yet [iost_uid0]another[/iost_uid0] math problem, though. (Seems to have petered out, however.)

Were you lying about your answer to the previous question?:
Well, exaggerating a little. Hey, the smiley was handy.

Do you actually know your Social Security Number?:
Not particularly. The vague outlines, sometimes.

Do you actually know your IP address?:
No, I don't.

Do you know what an IP address is?:
Yes. I think.

Do you know the four-character extension on your ZIP code?:
Don't care to. The post office and junk mailers can go nuts over it, but I don't care.

Ever thought there were too many numbers floating around in our lives?:
No, not really. Sometimes I think people rely too much on numbers, though.

Does your head begin to hurt when you think of infinity, imaginary numbers, irrational numbers, etc.?:
No, except when I'm trying to figure out what a fractal is up to.

What do you think of pi?:
I think it's a lot of fun to write. Also, "Moo". (I got such a kick out of that shirt. [imgost_uid0]http://3sygma.com/fiveminute/forums/html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/imgost_uid0])

LOVE, SEX AND ALL THAT

Did you get a little frightened or uncomfortable seeing this as a section title?:
Concerned, yes. I was under the impression we had already covered this. But no big problem (hopefully).

If someone you had no interest in dating expressed interest in dating you, how would you feel?:
On the spot, assuming I picked up on it.

Do you prefer getting to know someone first before dating them or going in "blind"?:
I don't even give serious thought to asking someone out until I feel I know them well. I don't want to waste anyone's time or effort, and I don't want to be in a situation where one person loves the other and the other doesn't.

Could you carry on a relationship with someone with the same first name as a family member?:
I'd cringe every time the subject came up.

Have you ever wished it was more "socially acceptable" for a girl to ask a guy out?:
I really don't care about society in that regard. I'm certainly not aware of any girls who would have asked me out if they didn't feel constrained by something, so I don't see how that would affect me.

What's your opinion on sex without emotional commitment?:
It's late, and the only parallel that comes to mind is doing 50 over the limit without a seatbelt just because you can so there nyaah-nyaah Mom.

Have you ever been romantically attracted to someone physically unattractive?:
I have never seen a person I considered to be truly ugly in the physical sense. There *are* a lot of ugly minds out there, but that's beside the point...

Do you think the opposite sex finds you good-looking?:
Absolutely not. Well, every once in a great while, but then I daydream of contending for the FIDE championship too.

Would you be willing to give up sex in exchange for an emotional commitment you knew would last?:
"Give up"? I wouldn't start it.

POSSESSIONS

What is your favorite possession?:
No idea, so I'll say "myself".

What physical, tangible possession do you want most?:
No comment.

How badly do you want it?:
I'll go with PHJ's answer, assuming it won't result in my feeling compelled to wander into a shower where I meet a bloody and horrifying end.

Have you ever seen 'The Exorcist'?:
No.

How long did it take you to understand why the last question is in this section?:
A few seconds after reading this question. I still don't understand it, but I know a pointed-out reference when I see it.

HOLIDAYS

Does Christmas music too far away from Christmas annoy you?:
By definition, yes.

How old do you think you will be before you stop liking getting older?:
I stopped liking it some years ago. Another year older means another year you'll never have back.

What was the best Halloween costume you ever had?:
A big cardboard jack-o'-lantern.

What was the worst Halloween costume you ever had?:
A black jacket with some white chalk rubbed on in places.

What holiday do you think has still managed to retain its original meaning?:
A few do, but the original meaning is squeezed in among other stuff.

There are currently no federal holidays during August -- what should be put there?:
There's Friendship Day somewhere, though it isn't federal.
Don't worry about it--when I rule the world, the "problem" will be taken care of. [imgost_uid0]http://3sygma.com/fiveminute/forums/html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/imgost_uid0]

MEMORIES

How good is your short-term memory?:
What PHJ said. I think. Wait, what exactly did he say again...? :S

How good is your long-term memory?:
As good as my short-term memory.

What is your earliest memory?:
I think from when I was about four or five, our TV had a triangular prism on top, on which were printed the channel numbers. And there was a light inside to show which channel was tuned in. Also, I remember my mother at about the same time, sitting in a chair. And the backyard with its stone donkey and birdbath, and the nice neighbor.

What is your happiest memory?:
I have no clue.

What is your strangest memory?:
I have no clue.

What song, movie, etc. do you wish you could memorize?:
I think I've (rather accidentally) got my brain trained so that I can memorize songs rather easily. Visual memories are another matter entirely.

TEARS

What movie makes/made you cry?:
Can't think of any.

What book makes/made you cry?:
There was one that made my eyes wet. I think I just read it at the "right time".

What song makes/made you cry?:
Can't think of any, but "Cat and the Cradle" can put me in that mood.

What makes/made you laugh so hard you cried?:
See my note about giggling fits above.

[iost_uid0]Edited to clarify my button comment. ...That sounds weird out of context, doesn't it?[/iost_uid0][/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs