View Single Post
Old 05-31-2004, 09:34 PM
Is he ever gonna hit Krazy Kat, or what?

[quoteost_uid0="Kira"][color=#000000ost_uid0]People kept saying Enterprise had hit its stride. I was inclined to agree. Then came the last few minutes of the episode. CoughFuture's End ripoffcough.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Or [iost_uid0]12 Monkeys[/iost_uid0]. Or [iost_uid0]City on the Edge of Forever[/iost_uid0]. Or ...
[quoteost_uid0]*start of rant*:madder:
*&%& $&*% *^*#*^*#! Why is that any time America is at war, they bring up the Nazis? Like, "Hey, look, we're at war, but remember these guys? They were worse!".
*end of rant*:madder: [/quoteost_uid0]Probably a corollary to Godwin's Law.
[quoteost_uid0]Third: It seems unlikely that the world has been conquered by the Nazi's, alien or not. Best guess of when they are is sometime in the very early 1940's. I say this because P-51 Mustangs only came into existence during that time. And why would Nazi's use an allied design when they had effective designs of their own?
And it was Mustangs that shot at the shuttlepod. They are very distinctive. [/quoteost_uid0] Assuming the dates of the war itself have not been changed (yeah, a big assumption in itself), P-51s would fall in around late 1943 and 1944 (they weren't in production much prior to that, iirc.)[/colorost_uid0]

'Yes, but I think some people should be offended.'
-- John Cleese (on whether he thought some might be offended by Monty Python)