View Single Post
Old 05-11-2003, 02:19 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Wonko The Sane Send a message via AIM to Wonko The Sane Send a message via MSN to Wonko The Sane

[color=#000000ost_uid0]One word: wow.
[quoteost_uid0]Anyway, good movie. Struck me as being much like the first. Of course I got those intentionally strong Star Trek II vibes at the end of the movie.[/quoteost_uid0]
Actually, I was reading Scott Kurtz's review of it, and he mentioned many more similarities to 'The Wrath of Khan':
[quoteost_uid0]- Stryker holds a grudge against Xavier over the death of his wife and is seeking revenge, just like Khan.
- Both Stryker and Khan used mind controlling agents to turn the heroes against one another.
- Jean and Spock both sacrifice themselves to save the ship and their friends.
- Both Khan and X2 end with a flyby of the resting place of the slain character. In both movies, the slain character delivers the opening monologue from the previous movie. Mark says that even the music at the end of X2 is actually very close to the music at the end of Khan.
- In Khan, Spock gives Kirk a copy of A Tale of Two Cities. In X2, both Xavier and Magneto are currently reading Once and future King. Message, Spock?
- Both movies use the image of rising sunlight as a symbol of hope after a horrible tragedy. The sun rising behind Genesis and the sun hitting Xavier's face. Both he and Kirk realize that everything is going to work out. Both feel renewed.
- In both Khan and X2, they leave an opening for the eventual return of the slain character.
[/quoteost_uid0]
In general, I thought this whole movie was ingenious. I would have really enjoyed it if not for the stupid kid in the theatre with the laser pointer. :madder:[/colorost_uid0]

Bears are crazy, they\'ll bite your head off if you\'re wearing steak on it.