View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 01:30 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default Block 29 - Goodbye, Mr. Anderson

Know what? We're so close now, I think I'll just give you guys the last couple of blocks to work on while I'm in Ottawa.

The Nebuchadnezzar crew are interrupted in their viewing of Neo by the proximity alarm. Sentinels are coming in fast. Morpheus readies the EMP, but is determined not to use it until the absolute last moment -- because when he fires it, their equipment shuts down and Neo dies. He has faith that Neo will make it, but he keeps his hand on the key.

Still in a dead run, Neo grabs a bystander's cell phone and calls Tank. (The bystander promptly becomes Smith.) Tank reports that he's got "a patch on an old exit." This is one of the coolest details in the movie -- it's not said outright, but the old exit is the same hotel room where the police corner Trinity at the start of the movie. Furthermore, it's room 303, and Neo's apartment was room 101. Make of that what you will.

Anyway, Tank steers Neo to the exit, helping him dodge the Agents. (By now Smith, Brown, and Jones are all after him.) By the time he reaches the hotel, they're right behind him -- and worse, the Sentinels aren't just close anymore, they're on the hull and burrowing in. Neo makes it to the room, hears the phone ringing, yanks the door open....

....and dies, shot point-blank by Agent Smith. (In Neo's worst bit of bad luck yet, there must have been someone in the room for Smith to possess.) The crew watch in disbelief and horror as Neo's monitor flatlines.

This is another 2-3 scene block. Synopsis here and a bit of here.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction