View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 12:19 AM
Long fellow

I'm back.

Derek, yes, Paramount has been officially approached about this, lawyers in tow. TrekUnited was told to come back later with a large check and they'll talk.

Those making pledges seem completely serious, but we won't know until the PayPal account is up tonight or tomorrow. I, for one, am most definitely in.

Valium, yes, it's been tried before. But never by Trekdom. Despite what the ratings say, we are still far stronger than the fan bases of Farscape (which also tried this, didn't they?) or Dr. Who. We can make this work. All that's really required is heavy word-of-mouth; I can't see it as a problem to get 3 Million Trekkies, who already pay vast amounts of money for DVD boxsets, to put down $12. Seriously, stripysox and Adm. Sab, you must pay $12 a week in lunch money...or do you? (Twilight Zone music)

Random extra bonus from pulling this off: we'll be paying production costs directly, avoiding UPN and thereby not needing to make a profit on airing the show. Translation: No commericials!

Quote:
Real life has to come first, not TV, ultimately.
*gasp*