View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 03:26 AM
Unabridged
Senior Staff

Send a message via ICQ to ijdgaf Send a message via AIM to ijdgaf Send a message via MSN to ijdgaf

Two things,

First, as long as we're apparentlying... apparently, the whole concept of "milliage will vary" and "suckiness of a console's name is subjective" is falling on deaf ears. Run all the totally unbiased, one hundred percent scientific polls about console names on humor website forums all you want. Apparently (again with the apparentlies) you don't understand that the statement "I really do think "Game Boy" takes the cake on that one" is a statement of opinion. Your enormously accurate citation does nothing to alter my "opinion".

Second, you started this thread asking for opinions. Apologies for offering them and the offenses that resulted from my efforts to help you come to a so-called decision.

And because it probably needs to be said, a third thing. I realize by prefacing the following with the phrase "this is not a threat" will only plant the notion "is he threatening me?" in the reader's head. But I reiterate -- this is not a threat.

Ahem.

As others have observed, this has become somewhat heated for what should be a relatively straightforward discussion about something that has far less importance in our world than big-picture issues like religion and politics. We don't talk about the latter here precisely because we wish to avoid said heat. Now I realize I am a participant in this discussion, but I also have moderator powers here. Now, I'm not pointing fingers in particular because certainly I have contributed to the heated nature of this discussion. This is precisely why I'm making a point to say this; it would be pretty damn irresponsible of me to let it escalate and escalate (if indeed it would) until Zeke gets irked enough to close it. I'm posting in here, and I need to keep an eye on things.

Can we try to keep this thread in the manner of "Here is a rational argument for this", "Here is my rational objection". Instead of "WHY WON'T YOU LISTEN" times ∞.

In other words, let's leave the indignation and personal bruhahabuh out of it. This is a thread asking for opinions about videogames. Not a holy war.

And if indeed, you are all opinioned out Nate and think the thread has run its course, or if you've already made a decision and don't really want to discuss it anymore, it can be closed.

Thanks for reading, and uh... carry on?

...YOU CAN\'T UNREAD IT!