View Single Post
Old 06-03-2006, 10:01 PM
Hobbesian

Location: We're......Everywhere! Wait wait wait... That's the Founders. No, I'm just in Hastings
Send a message via MSN to Burt

Did you want to know exactly how many times? Or just a rough guess type thing? Cos it's been a fair few!
Like with the First Doctor, in the 'Dalek Invasion of Earth', the TARDIS was buried under a load of rumble, and the doctor couldn't get to it. This type of thing happens a lot, getting cut off from it like that. Cos the TARDIS is invincible (from the outside) and can take you anywhere, it's a kinda of 'safe haven' that needs to be taken away in most stories. Cue many rockslides, crumbling floors and whatnot.
Also in the first Doctor, it was taken away by the ‘Toymaker’ a super powerful guy, who liked toys….
The second Doctor lost it a few times too. In the Space Pirates, he was on a space beacon that blew up, leaving him on one bit and the TARDIS on another.
The Third Doctor (Pertwee) was put on Earth for most of his time, by the Time lords, as exile. (Although he gets away a few times). The TARDIS is with him, but bits of it won’t work, and the timelords take the knowledge of how to fix it, from his mind. In the Curse of Peladon, the TARDIS falls off a cliff. But it’s found later.
The Fourth Doctor is with out the TARDIS for a bit. From his second episode, ‘the ark in space’ till the ‘Revenge of the Cybermen’, he travels without one, as does Sarah and ‘Harry’. Oh and he loses it in 'The Android Invasion', (It goes back to Earth without him). He and Sarah need to use a rocket to get back to Earth.
That’s a few of the times with those first 4 Doctors! He really must keep more of an eye on the old girl!
House Quote of the Day!
"I was curious. But since I'm not a cat, that's not dangerous to me." Dr House MD
I don't think that metaphor was actually designed to warn cats.
Dr Wilson MD (Just)
-------------------------------------------------