View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Dialing the Lostoyannaphone

Location: Right now? I could be anywhere. LOOK BEHIND YOU! Hah. Made you look.
Send a message via AIM to Lostoyannaya Send a message via MSN to Lostoyannaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt
Intresting idea it being the Fendahl, why you think of that? What did you mean 'the timing of it'?
But I have to agree with you, I don't think it will be an old baddie either. A large amount of the fans now are all new (I.e. not see Doctor Who before) So putting in old stuff will go right over their heads. Except the Daleks and Cybermen - Everyone knows them!
Yet, alas, this is what the internet is for!

It has sadly been stated on several websites that I've seen that most fans are considering the two new Doctors as completely new series, and so reintroducing old character as a risk. Yet, this is the same Doctor Who canon, is it not? Same idea, same TARDIS, different director and producer. And if the new fans don't understand or recognise the old characters, they always have the internet and various reference guides. (Not to mention the hoarde of science fiction magazines producing reems of articles on Doctor Who now).

In my opinion I hope they bring back several old characters - as Burt knows I want to get into the old series, and perhaps the best way they can get new fans to look back is to introduce the old characters. (Sarah Jane Smith, for example). I myself am very curious about this "Master" guy, and have read several differing accounts as to whether or not he actually died.

~~Lostoyannaya

Favourite New Doc: 9th Doctor
Favourite Old Doc: 2nd and 6th Doctors

--

Firefox Convert.