Thread: Link Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 05:47 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

Er... are you sure you know what a theremin is, Nate? Much like Ultron, there are no strings on it. (It's also like Ultron in being completely electronic.)

That was neat. There are quite a few interesting spins on Mario 1 to be found on YouTube; here are two of my favourites.
  • First Person Mario. Somebody went to a lot of trouble recreating Stage 1-1 as an FPS, complete with achievements. This is just the tip of the iceberg -- there's a playable version out there too, and same goes for the first two Zeldas. There's even 8-Bit Deathmatch, a popular Doom/Quake clone based on the classic Mega Man series.
  • Some people play Mario fast. Some play slow. Some can't control the stupid moron plumber and get killed all the time. (Ahem.) Wanna see all that at once? Here's what it looks like when nearly a thousand people's playthroughs of the same Mario level are superimposed! (It looks like a custom Mario 1 stage, though the video is set to the relaxing music of Mario 2.)

By the way, I think I'll rename this the "Link Thread", since the "dump" part is a reference that's pretty dated now. Any objections?

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction