View Single Post
Old 08-17-2003, 03:11 AM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Well, I think I've been hearing ads for a Cedar Hills Golf Club around here. (No, I have no idea what kind of club. Presumably a wood. )

I was watching CNN at noontime the day after and [iost_uid0]already[/iost_uid0] they were arguing over who should get the blame. :eyeroll: That's really going to do everyone a lot of good right now, thank you. The businessmen sleeping in front of the Post Office overnight must be unspeakably grateful about your use of your time and energy, CNN (and doubtless other news media). Reminds me of the Mark Twain story in which the townspeople are so grief-stricken by the death of the honest bank clerk (who leaves behind a family who was already struggling just to put food on the table) in a robbery that they quickly raise thousands of dollars to donate to a fund--not a fund for the widow and her children, mind you, but for a church to be built in the dead clerk's name. Â I just hope they get the power back up quickly.

That is all.[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs